WE’RE EQUIPPING EXTRAORDINARY LEADERS WITH THE CAPACITY TO FILL THE TEACHER DEFICIT IN WEST VIRGINIA
West Virginia’s Deficit of Teachers
- In West Virginia, there is a need to attract and retain highly qualified teachers.
- According to the West Virginia Department of Education, there are more than 700 teacher vacancies statewide. (2018)
- School and district administrators have found themselves scrambling to fill open positions with qualified candidates and have been forced to find out-of-the-box solutions to overcome this issue.
ANi’s Teaching Fellow Program
- Talented high school and college undergraduates serve as ANi’s teaching fellows during our summer programming.
- ANi Teaching Fellows receive over 100 hours of teaching and leadership training, including 75 hours of lead classroom experience.
- Many of ANi’s teaching fellows will go on to pursue successful careers in education.